Subject: Small cute doggies Bella & Angel  Yorkie-Maltese mix called Morkies.  Maltese-Bichon mix called a Maltichon 2014






Our Doggies are very important we want to keep them Healthy & Strong





Please get in  touch if you are interested in more information thhat's on my blog




  Inquisitive dog


As you well know, dogs tend to eat all kinds of food and dangerous substances, habit which often has serious consequences like diarrhea, vomiting, food allergy or poisoning. Common substances that you regularly use in your home might be very dangerous for your dog, leading to gastrointestinal and neurological problems, cardiac and respiratory distress, coma, and even death. Here are the most common dog poisons that you should keep your dog away from.


dog poison#1. Human medication. Drugs that might be beneficial and life-saving for people can cause real damage and even death for dogs. The most dangerous medications are:

bulletNonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, such as ibuprofen or naproxen, which can cause stomach and intestinal ulcers or kidney failure.
bulletAntidepressants, which may cause vomiting and, in more serious instances, serotonin syndrome Ė a dangerous condition described by high temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure, and may cause seizures.
bulletIsoniazid, a tuberculosis drug, which  can be very dangerous even in small amounts. The signs of poisoning include seizures and coma.


dog poison#2. Flea and tick products. Be careful when you treat your dog from a flea energy. These types of products are responsible for poisoning thousands of dogs every year. Ingestion or excessive amounts can cause real problems especially for the small dogs. To avoid problems always follow guidelines on flea or tick products.




dog poison#3. Human foods. Donít be tempted to share your food with your dog. A piece of chocolate or some macadamia nuts can be a serious threat for your dog. The most dangerous foods for dogs are: chocolate, alcohol, macadamia nuts, grapes and raisins, cakes and sweets (anything containing Xylitol, an artificial sweetener).



dog poison#4. Rodenticides: Rat and Mouse Poison. These substances can cause severe injuries in dogs and the symptoms may not appear for several days, particularly if the dog has eaten the poisoned animal. Be careful how you use these toxins and try to isolate your dog until your house is free from rodents. Also, inform your neighbours if you put out rat bait, so they can protect their pets from exposure.


dog poison#5. Pet medication. Believe it or not, some of the drugs prescribed by your veterinarian can affect the health of your dog. The most reported pet drugs are the painkillers and the de-wormers.




dog poison#6. Chemicals. We use chemical substances around our house on a regular basis. Products like antifreeze, paint thinner, and chemicals for pools can lead to stomach upset, depression and chemical burns for your dog. Store all chemicals and cleaners in pet-inaccessible areas.




dog poison#7. Heavy metalsMost common heavy metals are lead and zinc. Lead, which may be in paint, linoleum, and batteries, can be poisonous if eaten by your dog, causing gastrointestinal and neurological problems. Zinc poisoning may occur in dogs that swallow pennies, producing symptoms of weakness from severe anemia.



dog poison#8. Household cleaners. These products are very common and we tend to use them regularly. Bleach for instance, which is poisonous for people as well, can cause stomach and respiratory problems.


non toxic cleaners

please call if interested in non toxic cleaners we sell at members price 613-825-1554 or e-mail






Please get in  touch if you are interested in more information thhat's on my blog


                   Feel free to forward this information to a friend who may be interested in doggy's and their health  


 |  | Ottawa | Ontario | Canada